ORGANIZATION CODE: 77966
The Japan-America Society of Hawaii (JASH) is participating in Give Aloha, Foodland’s Annual Community Matching Gifts Program. This program honors Foodland’s founder, Maurice J. “Sully” Sullivan, and continues his legacy of giving back to the community.
How It Works
From September 1-30, customers are invited to make donations up to $249 to participating Hawaii non-profit organizations at checkout. Individuals must use their own Maika’i card to make a donation. Foodland and the Western Union Foundation will match a portion of each donation made with a Maika’i card. Donations made without a Maika’i card will not be matched.
The Western Union Foundation has generously donated $50,000 to add to Foodland’s gift of $250,000 to Hawaii non-profit organizations participating in Give Aloha this year. Therefore, the total gift that will be given to all participating organizations combined is $300,000!
How to Donate
- At checkout, present your Maika’i card (or give your 10-digit number) and inform the cashier that you would like to make a donation to the Japan-America Society of Hawaii (JASH), code number:77966. If you do not have a Maika’i account, you may establish one by telling the cashier you would like to do so; you will need to give a unique 10-digit number (such as your phone number).
- Tell the cashier how much you would like to donate. Your donation will be added to your grocery purchase total.
- You may donate up to $249 per organization (any amount in excess of $249 will not be matched).
- Be sure the cashier reaffirms our organization’s name and amount that you are donating.
- Any donation must be made payable to Foodland or Sack N Save.
- The name of our organization and the amount you donate will appear on your receipt.
- Donor names will not be released to our organization. If you would like us to know of your gift, please contact us directly so that we may properly acknowledge your gift. You may ask the cashier for a duplicate receipt to submit to us.
- You may donate up to a cumulative of $249 per organization over the course of several store visits.
- You may make donations to more than one organization.
Are These Donations Tax Deductible?
Give Aloha donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Please save your store receipt for tax purposes since it will be the only record you will have of your donation. You may ask the cashier for a duplicate receipt.